pictures of 1962 panhead police bike

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• pictures of 1962 panhead police bike

looking for any kind of pictures of police bikes need all kinds of info, I have alot of the stock parts but are missing some too

Here is a link for you that might be helpful...

http://www.policemotorunits.com/id55.html

And do not know how accurate the pics and info are but you should look at "Harley Davidson Police Motorcycles" by Robert and Robin Grant (1995), Got a copy when it came out. Bought mine through a placed called Motorbooks International.
    Last edited by panz4ever; 10-02-2010, 10:03 AM.

Comment

There is a lot of different police equipment. Not all departments used what was offered by H-D. What exactly are you looking for?
      Be sure to visit;
      http://www.vintageamericanmotorcycles.com/main.php
      Be sure to register at the site so you can see large images.
      Also be sure to visit http://www.caimag.com/forum/

Comment

thank you panz4ever , I did look at the pictures but did not help ,thanks anyway.
        hey Chris , I am looking to see how the oil tank and the battery plate fit , I have the oil tank
        but not the plate that holds the oil tank and the battery or the battery cover

Comment

I might have an extra plate. I'll have a look through my stash later on in the week. I'll take a picture of one for you later in the week as well. PM me with your e-mail address and I'll send it to you.

Comment

glethms@aol.com

Comment

Most of that info is in the parts books. There is not one for '62 but the '61 book is regularly found on eBay. '62-'64 only have supplements which regretfully have no pictures. The oil tank assembly is very straight forward. Basically the tank bolts to the plate, the oil tank plate spacers are the same as regular tanks. The battery top cover is specific and the rods are too but show up a lot at swap meets or eBay. There is a piece that goes over the chain a well. It is usually still connected to the the plate but hard to find separately. There are several different oil tanks as well. Which one do you have? Small Cap, Filter in tank, Dimple for tool box??
              Robbie
              Robbie Knight Amca #2736

Comment

yes Robbie , the filter is in the tank and dimple for tool box but the cap is like the '70,s shovelheads , so I dodn't know if that is a small cap or not.
                and thank you very much, Iam going to look for a parts book for the '61 Esquire

Comment

That's the large cap. I'm sending you a scan from my parts book on the oil tank and the battery. I haven't had a chance to dig up the parts to take a pic yet...but I will, so bear with me.

Comment

thank you every little bit helps
                    Esquire

Comment

Working...
                    X