Looking for 48 Pan fenders...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Looking for 48 Pan fenders...

Hi everyone, I am looking for fenders for my 48 EL, both front and rear. I would prefer originals but I know the limitations of finding one or both. If not, who makes the best reproductions? I know 48 had a one year only rear fender, does anyone make a one good looking one?

Thanks, Paul

Originally posted by Wingnut View Post
    Hi everyone, I am looking for fenders for my 48 EL, both front and rear. I would prefer originals but I know the limitations of finding one or both. If not, who makes the best reproductions? I know 48 had a one year only rear fender, does anyone make a one good looking one?

Thanks, Paul
    48 is a one year only rear fender and nobody repros it. It's the last three piece fender but all of the wiring channel is 49 and up. Front fender is the same as long as it has a wide brace. Bob L
    AMCA #3149
    http://www.thegoodoldmotorcyclepartscompany.com

Comment

Sorry Wingnut, I should have added more to the reply but I had just did a ten hour hitch and I was beat. There is an alternative. Larry Medweg 440-840-0819 produces new rear fenders 47 down but not the forty-eight. My valances were beyond repair. What Larry suggested and I did was to modify the 47 valance (See the picture). Larry can provide this service if you’re not set up for it (It’s a lot of work and patience) and complete you a main piece rear fender. I have an extra 48 tail piece in good shape buts going to need work like all 60 year old things. I will let go for $100 clams with a new stainless wire spring and then you will have a forty-eight rear fender. I have also a front wide brace that’s going to need work for $500.00. Bob L
      Attached Files
      Last edited by Robert Luland; 09-27-2010, 04:25 PM.
      AMCA #3149
      http://www.thegoodoldmotorcyclepartscompany.com

Comment

Bob, I'd like to talk to you more about this, PM on the way. Thanks for the update.

Paul

Comment

Working...
        X