Hydra glide leg restoration and need pan cylinders

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hydra glide leg restoration and need pan cylinders

Hi folks does anybody know of a shop that can restore my pan lower legs (fill in a couple deep scrapes and polish,repair stripped fender bolt holes and possibly replace bushings?) any help would be greatly appreciated! Also looking for cylinders with good fins that have a few bores left for my 55 pan. It's not gonna be a show bike but still want it to look sharp! Thanks Jim

Used Bills Custom Cycles to replace the bushings on my 49 legs. Also used him for my brother-in-laws 5o legs. Nice work and reasonablely priced.

Comment

JrM, I spotted a couple nice sets of pan jugs at Davenport,With a vernier caliper they were just a tad over stock, 3 7/16", as I recall they wanted 400 each set. PM me if you want the guys number...Mike

Comment

Thanks for the info guys I just picked up a set that are 10 over - just gotta find someone to replace the 2 broke off fins on each cylinder now. Thanks again, Jim.

Comment

Originally posted by j**r**m View Post
          Thanks for the info guys I just picked up a set that are 10 over - just gotta find someone to replace the 2 broke off fins on each cylinder now. Thanks again, Jim.
          Give Tom Shaw at Creekside Machine and Welding a call. He repaired some broken fins on the cylinders on my 49 as well as some case repair. Very pleased with the quality of his work as well as turn-around time

Comment

Originally posted by j**r**m View Post
            Hi folks does anybody know of a shop that can restore my pan lower legs (fill in a couple deep scrapes and polish,repair stripped fender bolt holes and possibly replace bushings?) any help would be greatly appreciated! Also looking for cylinders with good fins that have a few bores left for my 55 pan. It's not gonna be a show bike but still want it to look sharp! Thanks Jim
            I also have a set of early HydraGlide fork sliders with some serious dings in them. Looks like some drunken gorilla tried to knock the bushing loose-- from the outside. (rolls eyes). I have since picked up a much nicer set, but would certainly like to sweeten up my old set. If you make in any progress towards that end, please advise?
            Also, the stripped threads at fender mount is not that big of a deal--- Helicoil (or other thread repair) is a perfectly acceptable and sound repair, and if installed properly is perhaps better than new. A more serious defect would be stripped drain plug threads; Helicoil is not leak-proof, while I've been told that TimeSert is.

Comment

Working...
            X