Gas mileage

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Gas mileage

Can anyone provide an expected gas mileage for a Pan motor with a Linkert. The motor is stroked 4.25" and .060 over. The top end has about 800 miles. Presently I am getting around 33 mpg.

I got a stock '65 with Linkert and get about 38 MPG loaded down and about 38 MPG unloaded.....
    Louie
    FaceBook >>>Modern Antique Cycle
    Blog Site >>> http://louiemcman.blogspot.com/
    YouTube >>> LouieMCman

Comment

just took my pan out sunday on a 150 mile ride got about 33-34-mpg stock bike bendix carb
      D. A. Bagin #3166 AKA Panheadzz 440 48chief W/sidecar 57fl 57flh 58fl 66m-50 68flh 70xlh

Comment

If the motor was fitted nice and snug gas milage should gradually improve over about 1500-2500 miles.
        Brian Howard AMCA#5866

Comment

If you are running light flywheels like S & S, don't expect great mileage. The smooth torque of heavy wheels transmits power to the rear wheel over a longer duration than light wheels. With light wheels, the bike is pushing the motor half the time.

I ran light wheels for one season pulling a sidecar, and my mileage went from almost 40 to 23. I couldn't wait to go back to heavy ones.

Comment

ur in the ballpark

I run three Pans and there are too many variables to set a definate mpg...I'd say you're in the ballpark for a normal usage. Heck my modern 94RK only gets about 35mpg on trips but sure runs well. Keep riding them safely, Merlin in Pa.

Comment

Originally posted by Magic View Post
              I run three Pans and there are too many variables to set a definate mpg...I'd say you're in the ballpark for a normal usage. Heck my modern 94RK only gets about 35mpg on trips but sure runs well. Keep riding them safely, Merlin in Pa.
              The biggest variable is usually with the throttle nut
              Brian Howard AMCA#5866

Comment

Thanks all for your replys. The motor is tight and starts and runs well so I will leave things as is and enjoy putting on more miles. I will keep an eye on the throttle nut!

Comment

hey wazzup wit dat

I feel pointed out .... I think we all have our times yet at being a Nut :-P I've seen enough to qualify for one though. Merlin

Comment

Working...
                  X