Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• bmh
    replied
    If the casting numbers had no meaning they wouldn't have bothered to put em there

They did change from time to time, but I doubt it was often enough to be able to tell a 48 frame from a 50 by the numbers alone. Steve Little would be the guy to ask about those things. Don't know I've ever seen a frame with the horn mounts cut off where they pressed the tubing back to round, most were just carefully made to appear so with bondo.

Leave a comment:

• Chris Haynes
    replied
    It would also appear that the horn mounts were removed.

Leave a comment:

• hawghd1
    replied
    The only thing that has been altered on this frame is that they cut off the tool box mount, horn mount and side car loops. It has not been racked or stretched. Do the casting numbers have any meaning? Thanks for the measurement.

Leave a comment:

• bmh
    replied
    Center line of top horn mount holes should be 3- 1/4" below the center of the lower tank mount slot. Assuming of course that part of the frame is still original.

Leave a comment:

• Chris Haynes
    replied
    Is the frame bare metal? If it was customized it could have had the mounts removed and the tubes rounded. Has anything else been removed from the frame? Pictures! We need pictures.

Leave a comment:

• hawghd1
    started a topic 50 Frame

50 Frame

I bought a chopped and bobbed 50 pan. After reading the Palmer restoration book, I am not so sure that it has an original 50 wishbone frame. The frame appears to be original HD, but it doesn't have the flattened tubes were the horn mounts are located. Is possible to have a 50 frame with the round frame tubes, how can I tell for sure what I really have? Also I need some measurements for putting the horn mounting tabs back on the frame.
    Thanks.
Working...
X