Comments Request...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Paquette View Post
    Cory--Nice Sickle but the seat is incorrect. You have a late 53 and up seat, and by the way, I just do not like those seats. Bottom line--ride the hell out of it until the seat explodes and then I can make you a new/old seat!!!-LOL--Michael
    I was wondering when you were going to weigh on that seat Michael... This seat came with it as well.... would you mind identifying what years it belongs on? Thanks!!

Cory Othen
    Membership#10953

Comment

Originally posted by dommi7 View Post
      Can you guys detail what are the carryover features from 47 that are found on the 48 cases?
      I'm particularly interested in the right side - are the lifter oil return holes plugged?
      I update the 48-52 engine cases to 53 and later style hydraulic. lifters. The earliest 48 cases that I have repaired are not easily updated to the hydraulic conversion. This update is done by carefully drilling two holes into the engine case. Most pan cases Harley allowed plenty of aluminum to be drilled through as if they were already contemplating the update themselves in 48. The early cases do not have this extra aluminum to drill through to the main oil artery.
      Joe

Comment

With all the bikes runing around this weekend we broke 2 record highs this weekend I was wondering about you Cory, any progress with the Pan?
        Chuck
        AMCA Member#1848

Comment

Cory--That Buddy seat came out in 1957 and took the place of the Speedking Buddy seat and was offered as late as 1961. There was also the "Super-Soft" buddy seat ( a full 4 inches of foam) that had the same tooled leather skirt ( spot pattern was different) that came out in 1955. --Michael--6671

Comment

Originally posted by Chuck#1848 View Post
            With all the bikes runing around this weekend we broke 2 record highs this weekend I was wondering about you Cory, any progress with the Pan?
            Well Chuck, I'm suffering from time availability as far as the Pan goes. I do think that I'll steal a little bit from the clock here and there and hope to take it for it's first ride toward the end of the month. The weather here has been up and down there's a cold wind blowing tonight with some awfully black clouds. It wouldn't surprise me if it snows tonight. I discovered a few little problems when I tore into it but they are simple fixes so far. I've got a list of parts to fill and when I gather everything it shouldn't take too long to see if the ol' girl will fire. Here's one of the little issues that I ran into.... What was that welder thinkin' of when he fused the seat-t/rear tank mount to the frame???

Cory Othen
            Membership#10953

Comment

Originally posted by Paquette View Post
              Cory--That Buddy seat came out in 1957 and took the place of the Speedking Buddy seat and was offered as late as 1961. There was also the "Super-Soft" buddy seat ( a full 4 inches of foam) that had the same tooled leather skirt ( spot pattern was different) that came out in 1955. --Michael--6671
              Thanks for the identification Michael!!! I'm at this point believing that the springer, frame, engine and tranny are from one animal but as Perry best said it, the rest is a bit of a "mixed meat" surprise!
              Cory Othen
              Membership#10953

Comment

Working...
              X