Question about the "74" shop

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Question about the "74" shop

Anybody had any stuff rebuilt at the "74 shop" ? Just wondering if they do good work - just checking out places to send my pan motor - thanks for any info, Jim

I believe there is more than one 74 Shop. Which one are you asking about?
    Be sure to visit;
    http://www.vintageamericanmotorcycles.com/main.php
    Be sure to register at the site so you can see large images.
    Also be sure to visit http://www.caimag.com/forum/

Comment

i think he means this one---i would check prices first. nice guy but his bikes that he has for sale at all the events are almost double in price from what you can find by looking around other places so i figure he doesn't want to sell them that bad. i don't blame him----you can only sell once in most cases

http://www.the74shop.com/

he does have some nice stuff but so does a lot of other people

Comment

Steve Barber is the owner. He is a real nice guy to talk with at the meets and all the work I've seen from them has been well done. He does seem to get some nice prices for some of the things he sells, but people seem to buy the stuff rather quickly so that is a two way street.
        Brian Howard AMCA#5866

Comment

pan motor rebuild

Steve is a good guy and very knowledgable. I have never had any work done by him so not sure about pricing but he always seems to have reliable stuff. Not sure where you live but, I have had Paul Friebus at American Cycle Fabrcation in Bloomsburg PA do 2 knuckle motors for me and several others I know have had pan and flatheads done by him. He tears down the motor with you watching and documents everything with photos. He was fair on the pricing and fairly quick (4 weeks) on the turn around. Lot of guys tell you to leave it and they will call you years from now when it's done. Give Paul or Barbra a call and see what you think. They are in the magaizine. They also do trannys and all to AMCA judging specs. I recommend them highly.

Tom(Rollo) Hardy
          AMCA # 12766

Comment

Thanks for the info guys

Comment

I'll "ditto" the recommendation to check out Paul at American Cycle Fab. He's rebuilt my '65 Pan engine and trans and is doing the restoration work.

Great people to deal with. I needed some custom machining work which he's executed perfectly. I thing they are fairly priced too. Top quality work IMHO. They pretty much work on ANY HD motor as far as I've seen during many visits to the shop. Project management is great too. That's where Barb comes in. Keeps thing ordered and keeps tabs on all items. You get very detailed work inventory and photo set. Lots of attention to detail.
              Last edited by rbenash; 03-15-2010, 01:34 PM.
              Ray
              AMCA #7140

Comment

Working...
              X