twin twins??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• twin twins??

i was looking at this and a question came to mind. these were probably both police bikes at one time with the foot clutch and hand shift. i know----not necessarily but i think that's likely how they stayed together all this time. probably there still exists records to verify that. the question was IF they were police bike can they be judged without all the police gear on them? also he says one came in second----what the hell does that mean? second to itself? i didn't know bikes were judged against each other just a total of 100 points

What were you looking at? I can't see anything.

Comment

I can't see them either, but,
      I had a dear friend get a civvy'd police bike brand new from a Dealership in '80,
      and another did the same just a few years ago.

When were special orders unavailable, except the War years?

....Cotten
      AMCA #776
      Dumpster Diver's Motto: Seek,... and Ye Shall Find!

Comment

guys i'm so sorry---i forgot to post the ebay link---had an emergency come up. here it is

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...=STRK:MEWAX:IT

Comment

Now that I see them, 'police issue' isn't an issue at all.

Pictures can be deceptive, but otherwise, the pair looks dreamy to me.

...Cotten
          AMCA #776
          Dumpster Diver's Motto: Seek,... and Ye Shall Find!

Comment

Originally posted by flat-happy View Post
            also he says one came in second----what the hell does that mean?
            I think it means that it won a Junior Second. Less than 90 points.
            Be sure to visit;
            http://www.vintageamericanmotorcycles.com/main.php
            Be sure to register at the site so you can see large images.
            Also be sure to visit http://www.caimag.com/forum/

Comment

Originally posted by Chris Haynes View Post
              I think it means that it won a Junior Second. Less than 90 points.
              you got it Chris an 88.25 point Junior Second
              Kevin Valentine 13
              EX-Chief Judge

Comment

ok but it wasn't beaten by another bike but rather beaten by the 100 point system. so it could be improved possibly to get a junior first at another time? thank you all for the input

Comment

Considering the source it might be a good idea to go and personally inspect these bikes before bidding.
                  ------------
                  Steve
                  AMCA #7300

Comment

Originally posted by flat-happy View Post
                    ok but it wasn't beaten by another bike but rather beaten by the 100 point system. so it could be improved possibly to get a junior first at another time? thank you all for the input
                    Note he explicitly says the red bike wasn't judged. If the black bike only managed a junior second it seems unlikely the red bike would get even that ... Perry
                    Last edited by Perry Ruiter; 02-10-2010, 03:50 PM.

Comment

"The source" EEK

Hello. I guess I would be considered "the source" for the twin '59s. The other day I got a very nice email from a member here requesting the case #s which I was glad to furnish for him. He mentioned that the AMCA was following the bikes and suggested I join, which I did. When I go to the blog on the bikes, I see the lovely "considering the source" line. Yes, we are dealers in Classic Cars and bikes. The "source" of these bikes was actually a collector in the Ohio area. While at Wauseon having the Black one judged, he was told a a Red '59 in the parking lot. While taking pictures of it, he noticed the vin, and ended up owning the pair. As far as the "black bike only managed a junior second it seems unlikely the red bike would get even that ...", I never claimed that the bikes were first place winners. They are what they are, a unique pair. I represent our bikes to the best of my ability. I do not claim to be an expert on Harley-Davidsons. I learn something new everyday and am eager to do so. Would never purposely deceive anybody. I guess there are negative people in every club.... Anyway, if anyone wants to know the case#s, or just want to chat, would love to hear from you.
                      Last edited by john Sherman; 02-12-2010, 02:44 PM.

Comment

Hi John, First let me say welcome to the club and that I was the one who made the statement about considering the “source”, concerning your two pan heads for sale on e-bay. I was considering e-bay as the “source” to be leery of and not you. After re-reading what I posted I see how it could have been taken wrong though. Don’t judge everyone one here by my actions and welcome again -Steve
                        ------------
                        Steve
                        AMCA #7300

Comment

Working...
                        X