58-64 Panhead swingarm shocks leaking

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 58-64 Panhead swingarm shocks leaking

Hi, does anybody knows if there is a way to fix a leaking swingarm shock absorber? 58-64 type.. can the shock be repaired?

Thanks, Ran

Well ya got two choices. One you go out and find two 54502-56A shock cartridges. I finally got one and I no for fact that someone on the other side of the planet has one more for me. At this point nobody makes an off the shelf after market cartridge and I mean nobody. The second thing I came across is this in a thread on the Hydro-Glide site. www.worksperformance.com Supposedly these guys will build you new cartridges. How much? I don’t know but if the person that’s hording the other cartridge I need doesn’t fork it over soon. I to will be giving these guys a call. Bob L
    Last edited by Robert Luland; 12-31-2009, 04:33 PM.
    AMCA #3149
    http://www.thegoodoldmotorcyclepartscompany.com

Comment

A guy that used to work at my shop (almost 20 yrs ago) went to great lengths to find an automotive replacement to adapt to his pan. I think what he found with a light enough load capacity was a shock from a Plymouth Valiant. The bottom mount of the shock was good to go, but he had to weld the fixtures on the top of the rod, salvaged from his old shocks.
      Kyle Oanes AMCA # 3046

Comment

Working...
      X