Shock studs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Shock studs

I know the later pans shock studs and hardware were cad plated but what about the early ones. Say 58-61. Palmer make no mention of the studs that I can find. Thanks, Bob L
    AMCA #3149
    http://www.thegoodoldmotorcyclepartscompany.com

In looking at the pics in the rear of Palmers, it sure looks like the lower studs may have been parkerized. I have some pics of a friends 62 and things down there are a little rusty so I can't tell for sure but it looks parkerized also.
    Brian Howard AMCA#5866

Comment

I had my shock hardware for my nice old 60FL cad plated, but the original finish looked like it was blued or black anodized. Didn't resemble any type of parkerizing I'm familiar with. I stuggled to remove what was left of it, a very tough finish.
      Kyle Oanes AMCA # 3046

Comment

My box o' spares looks like the ones with a narrow hex were parked, or otherwise pickled. They definitely stand out against the cad.

Who wants to earn World Fame by documenting the various studs over all the models for all the years?

Or even for '65 alone?

Just here to help,

.....Cotten
        Last edited by T. Cotten; 12-15-2009, 04:32 PM.
        AMCA #776
        Dumpster Diver's Motto: Seek,... and Ye Shall Find!

Comment

Originally posted by T. Cotten View Post
          Who wants to earn World Fame by documenting the various studs over all the models for all the years?

Or even for '65 alone?

.....Cotten
          keep askin questions like that and someone will volunteer ya.
          Brian Howard AMCA#5866

Comment

Lower shock studs on my '64 FLH were parkerized.-Bob

Comment

Working...
            X