Avon Tires

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Avon Tires

This past July I fitted a new set of Avon Safety Mileage 16" tires to my 51FL. Wet and dry performance seems ok, but riding on our rain grooved highways is absolutely scary. It seems every new large road here in CO. is getting these miserable rain grooves, anyone have any ideas?
    Thanks,
    VPH-D

I just ride loose and let the machine wiggle, it's annoying but it won't throw you in the ditch or anything. My wife just hates the rain grooves, last fall we hit a 40 mile stretch of them on my 46FL and she was swearing mad.
    Kyle Oanes AMCA # 3046

Comment

i weave slowly from side to side like crossing a steel deck bridge. come to think of it maybe i do that all the time !!!

Comment

VDH-P, did you notice more noise with the Avons? I put a set on my late model last year and wished I would have stuck with Dunlaps...Mike

Comment

MJW,
          No, I didn't notice difference in noise, but I can see how the big lugs of the Avons could be noisey. I think I'll try more tire pressure, God I hate rain grooves!
          VPH-D

Comment

I found many miles of grooved road in Colorado this fall, I couldn't figure out why they would add the miserable feature, better traction in the snow maybe? Then we saw the paving crew doing an overlay, epiphany...Mike

Comment

Working...
            X