swingarm

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• swingarm

can you use a 63 to 72 swingarm in a 59 frame with the original wheel and spacers

rear fork is the same from 58 to at least 68 (new as my parts book goes); frames changed in 65

Comment

As far as I know the only difference is a grease fitting added in 62.

Comment

if you look at palmer's book page 65 and 66 there are 4 different types from 58-72. described in detail there. all are interchangeable and you can also use the 73 up square swing arm if you want to change to disc brakes

Comment

Originally posted by flat-happy View Post
          if you look at palmer's book page 65 and 66 there are 4 different types from 58-72. described in detail there. all are interchangeable and you can also use the 73 up square swing arm if you want to change to disc brakes
          Do the brakes interchange? they were changed whole sale in 63 and updated in 67.
          Brian Howard AMCA#5866

Comment

brake on 58 is different from 59-66 different again from 67-72. brakes will interchange but you must use all parts from same year. 67-72 had half the wheel bearing in the wheel hub and the other half in the brake drum. 58-66 all use the interchangeable hub like all pans and knuckles. if you are restoring though there are specific changes every few years like location of grease fittings etc.

Comment

The width of the shoes were increased in 63 for more cantact area, so a different drum was required also. I believe the backing plate was also changed. I've picked up a 63-66 set up for my 62 but I'm not at that stage to have tried them to see if It's a straight bolt on.

Comment

Working...
              X