Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Panhead 1948

Hi,
    I am on the way to buy a 1948 Panhead, and I would like to know if there are any significative differences between the 61cu and 74cu models (except engine size)..
    Thanks for your expertise ,

Matt

Hi Matt, I don't believe so, other than having a 74 can increase the value around two or three grand.
    ------------
    Steve
    AMCA #7300

Comment

I would agree with Steve on that. 61's are nice and have a following all their own. I've had 2 61" Knuckleheads and I always thought they were a bit quicker than the 74" but that may have been based a prejudicial love for my bike. It will be interesting to hear what more knowledgeable members have to say.
      Eric Smith
      AMCA #886

Comment

Thanks for your answers, I actually own a WLA which is a bit weak (in term of max speed) to do long trip. So a "modern" bike as a '48 Pan should be perfect as good runner...

Comment

getting older and looking back the 61s have been as much fun as any 74 Ive ever owned !! A 39 EL which I owned and ended up on the cover of our rag after it left New England then the mid west and finally ended up in Japan was one of the best MCs Ive ever had !! Started easy ran "the balls "" and never failed me !!! the other 61s Ive had ran equally as well,although they just didnt have that little extra one likes in certain circumstances !! and of course for the most part were the "plain janes" of the crowd ! which in it self isnt a bad thing! Ive always liked plain janes !

Comment

Working...
          X