Adjustable fork info needed

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Adjustable fork info needed

I need some help on this one. I have an adjustable wide glide lower fork tree that has a casting number 45707-50 on it. Now here is where I am puzzled. In the parts book and on the shovelhead adjustable I have there is a washer/cam that you turn 180 degrees in an oval hole and then put a bolt through to change the rake. Well this tree I have, has the bolt and no oval hole or washer/cam, just a normal hole for the bolt to pass through to couple it together. It has the casting provision for an oval hole but the hole is in the forward section giving it good rake. Do I have a non-adjustable adjustable, or what gives?

You have a Servi-car fork. Always in the "OUT" position and not adjustable.
    By putting your 45708-50 "Fork Bracket" in a milling machine for a few minutes and adding the two missing 45710-50A "fork Bracket Bolt Washers it will then be an adjustable.
    Be sure to visit;
    http://www.vintageamericanmotorcycles.com/main.php
    Be sure to register at the site so you can see large images.
    Also be sure to visit http://www.caimag.com/forum/

Comment

That makes sense....but....this tree has a 1" neck post with a hole drilled in it for a panhead neck lock. I thought Servi-Cars were a 7/8" neck like the 45 solos.
      Last edited by cdndewey; 07-19-2009, 08:27 AM.

Comment

Servi-Cars with Hydra-Glide forks are 1" stem.
        Robbie
        Robbie Knight Amca #2736

Comment

Interesting...thanks Rub and Chris. It's always great when I can learn something.

Comment

If you get a chance to see a '58 and later Servi-Car, look at the neck casting. There is an obvious extension in the casting to accommodate the longer stem and give enough material to accept big twin head cups.
            Robbie
            Robbie Knight Amca #2736

Comment

Working...
            X