X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• '49FL

Eric Smith
    AMCA #886

Eric, looks very nice. How about some more pics. I am in the process of putting a 49 EL back together. Where did you get the screws for the pan lids?
    And what size are they?

Comment

Panz, some of the valve cover screws are supposed to be allen-head screws-- the ones under the frame where you can't get a screwdriver. Be sure to get the right amount of both kinds.

Forgot to add--- great looking motor, Eric!

Comment

It's not my motor. I just thought it was pretty and I was tired of the '65 talk. Sorry.
        Eric Smith
        AMCA #886

Comment

Originally posted by exeric View Post
          It's not my motor. I just thought it was pretty and I was tired of the '65 talk. Sorry.
          Hey, no problem, Eric. It IS pretty. And we can talk about '49s or '52s for awhile anyway...!

Comment

This bike was at Eustis this year. I like to get pictures of brackets, clamps, and fastener finishes. I have a few more pics to post if nobody minds.
            Eric Smith
            AMCA #886

Comment

Eric Smith
              AMCA #886

Comment

Eric Smith
                AMCA #886

Comment

Eric Smith
                  AMCA #886

Comment

Nice....
                    You won't hear me complaining.......!

Comment

Rooster, the allen head screws on the valve covers weren't part of the program for 49. All phillips.
                      Last edited by bmh; 06-29-2009, 07:14 PM. Reason: damn spellcheck was broke
                      Brian Howard AMCA#5866

Comment

Originally posted by bmh View Post
                        Rooster, the allen head screws on the valve covers weren't part of the program for 49. All phillips.
                        Ahhh...
                        Thanks for that tidbit. What year did the MoCo start doing that?

Comment

Panhead rocker cover allen screws

1951 was first year

Comment

Eric
                            Noticed in the latest club mag, the idea to have a photo archive of senior award bikes for future ref online, not sure if this will be free to members?

Comment

Originally posted by Greg H View Post
                              Eric
                              Noticed in the latest club mag, the idea to have a photo archive of senior award bikes for future ref online, not sure if this will be free to members?
                              Greg, I am a big proponent of that idea. We have members with tremendous skill and knowledge and their bikes are the gold standards that should be documented while they still look pristene and are accessable. We have all seen incredible, rare, accurate motorcycles at a meet that will never be seen again after that single showing. If you don't take a million pictures of the bike, you'll never get another opportunity. This isn't the best catagory for this post so perhaps I'll move it to Parking Lot Chatter.
                              Eric Smith
                              AMCA #886

Comment

Working...
                              X