1965 panhead police special on ebay

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1965 panhead police special on ebay

auction #170347919448 nice panhead looks like all the extra parts come with this bike to put all back to stock http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Harle...fmotorcycles:D

The seller doesn't know the difference between a customization and a restoration. There is a big difference.
    Be sure to visit;
    http://www.vintageamericanmotorcycles.com/main.php
    Be sure to register at the site so you can see large images.
    Also be sure to visit http://www.caimag.com/forum/

Comment

CHRIS Id have to agree looks to me like someones got more money than brains!!! Maybe a 7500 MC !!

Comment

Originally posted by INLINE4NUT View Post
        CHRIS Id have to agree looks to me like someones got more money than brains!!! Maybe a 7500 MC !!
        I'm with you guys - I took a look and thought what a shame. Would have liked to have seen it before all the work was done. But to the owner and the bidders it sure looks pretty and probably runs fine.

I had my '65 for 10 years before I did anything to it other than research and remove all those dresser parts it accumulated so I could see what it needed, and figure out what to do/get.

I did run it though

When it's done Chris will still find lots to put on the list
        Ray
        AMCA #7140

Comment

chris haynes in the outhouse in oley

he ran out of toilet papper and had the runs wish I was there to see him wipe ???:HAPPY NEW YEARS HOPE OBAMA DOES NOT TAX THE TOILET PAPPER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

you guys sound like elitists, the bike looked good to me; some paint, an oil tank, the right tires and primary and this bike should be near to what it started out life as. hell workin on a bike to get it where you want it to be (100% ORIG, BOBBER, CHOPPER, RACE ETC.) is half the fun. i'll agree the price is high but then again i believe that everything has been inflated in this hobby to ridiculous levels....and we wonder why there are no young kats takin up the torch...

Comment

Originally posted by sludge View Post
              you guys sound like elitists, the bike looked good to me; some paint, an oil tank, the right tires and primary and this bike should be near to what it started out life as. hell workin on a bike to get it where you want it to be (100% ORIG, BOBBER, CHOPPER, RACE ETC.) is half the fun. i'll agree the price is high but then again i believe that everything has been inflated in this hobby to ridiculous levels....and we wonder why there are no young kats takin up the torch...
              Nah, don't misconstrue. We or at least I am coming from what I saw as perhaps a perfect opportunity from my perspective - with hindsight coming from my own past "errors" in judgement.

That's all.

There was a perfect opportunity to maintain an original '65.

There doesn't seem to have been a lot of parts missing at the onset (heck he saved them all which is good). The end solution looks like he didn't really have a clear objective. Bobber, Chopper, Race, etc.

He seemed to have wanted a runner, which he could have accomplished with less money and a stricter association to original. Would have saved him money, would have given him a better investment dollar for dollar - and a hell of a nice runner. That was all I meant.

Too each his own. Just glad he kept and is selling the original parts with the bike. That was very smart.

If I was in the market for a '65 I would consider this one seriously - given that he kept the original parts he took off. But not for the price, since I need to take it back. I would be disappointed that he painted the bike ONLY if the original sheet metal and paint was in good condition and not modified previous. Had he chopped or bobbed a pretty much complete '65 I would be even more disappointed. Since a '65 that is 90 to 95% original is a pretty rare beast. And very hard to reconstruct given the challenges of that specific FLH model/year.
              Last edited by rbenash; 07-03-2009, 08:42 AM.
              Ray
              AMCA #7140

Comment

i hear ya Ray. since we dont know from where this guy started with regards to sheet metal i'll have to assume the paint may have been fongool ta begin with and he had to paint it, and it may be a repaint of a repaint, hell maybe it had murals on it for all we know. i agree that he did not seem to have as clear a direction as some of us would of had but hey. it is a plus that he did save those parts.

regards
                sludge

Comment

Working...
                X