Hi Fi Purple

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hi Fi Purple

I wasn't sure if this was a paint or panhead question so I'll try here first. I've heard two different stories so I'll ask the group. Could my 1961 FLH with a high VIN number have been hi fi purple from the factory? The previous owner said that is was, but he was not the orignal owner and it had been re-painted white. In removing the old paint, there was hi fi purple under the white. Was it available in '61 or just '62? Does anyone really know? I'm grateful for this great place to ask dumb questions. Lloyd

I have 61 sales brochure, no Purple only Hi-Fi Red ;Hi-FI Blue ;Hi-Fi Green ; Black and Pepper Red

Steve
    Steve Cornish AMCA 6971
    TO MANY CLEVER PEOPLE NOT ENOUGH WISDOM

Comment

I had an original unrestored very very late 62 serial number original paint (Purple also) 62 quite a while ago. The bike had all 63 items installed from the factory like the later bags, kicker pedal and even the stamped frame numbers on the neck. All thoses items were supposed to be 63 and later. I myself think your bike with late numbers could have very well been painted purple.

Comment

Working...
      X