signal lite switch ??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• signal lite switch ??

I'm looking in my parts book and see directional switch for my 59 pan ,OEM 70058-50b showing the wires comming out of the side ,they run along the outside of the handle bars. I dont ever remember wires running along the bars ,but I dont see any other 3 position switch listed.??? Can someone shed some light on this ? The wires are cloth coated ugly looking stuff top be running on the outside of the bars ,did they cover them with something or someway hide them??
    Neil

This 52 has switches for spot lights as well as turn signals. The clips that hold the wires to the bars are missing. You should also check my post from yesterday under electrical- turn signals. That should clear everything up.

Last edited by bmh; 02-09-2009, 07:00 PM. Reason: Additional info
    Brian Howard AMCA#5866

Comment

Brian,
      That looks suspiciously like police wiring, or dealer installed.
      Be sure to visit;
      http://www.vintageamericanmotorcycles.com/main.php
      Be sure to register at the site so you can see large images.
      Also be sure to visit http://www.caimag.com/forum/

Comment

Thanks for the info guys.
        Bmh, I'm still in shock after looking at the photo of the switches .lol

Comment

Most definitely dealer or owner installed, judging by the routing of the rest of the signal & spot wires on this machine. I posted just to show the switches in question and this is one of the few machines I have pics of with signals installed. Evidently they weren't a very popular accessory in the early to mid 50's anyway. As this is an early 52 it was most likely made before turn signals appeared on order blanks. Also worth metioning is that the spot switch on the bottom of the bars does not have the DH-50 marking.
          Brian Howard AMCA#5866

Comment

a little update here,I just ordered a 3 position signal lite switch from Antique cycle suppy and its got the 3 wires running inside the bars ,which I was unable to find.The owner said they came either way depending on what they had in stock at the time. .It was less than $20.00

Comment

Working...
            X