No announcement yet.

59 pan master cyl.parts?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

OOPS!. That was for the wheel cyl. Look on ebay. I have bought originals there before.
    Mike

Comment

I LOVED that response !!!

The term "disc brake" is used to describe a modern braking system designed to keep the front wheel round. They became very common on motorcycles in the early seventies. Prior to that time, squeezing the front brake lever was only good for relieving the nervous tension you feel before the impact.
      AMCA 6755

Comment

While it has been mentioned to leave the residual pressure valve out for disc applications I would like to make sure that everyone knows to install this part in any master cylinder that will be used on a drum brake system. Since the rear brakes are not self-adjusting this is a critical safety device. It ensures that the springs don't fully retract the shoes to the adjusters while your out riding and will have brakes when you really need them. I usually find that if my bike sits for more than a day or two it will take a pump or two of the pedal to get the rear brake in good working order. On a good day I remember this before I get to the stop sign at the end of my street.
        Brian Howard AMCA#5866

Comment

Working...
        X