air cleaner cover

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• air cleaner cover

todays question is does the air cleaner on a 50 hydra have the harley logo or is it plain is it just stainless or chrome stainless
    Moose
    aka Glenn

air cleaner cover

It has the logo and is stainless

Comment

thanks the one I have has the bird. and it was not clear in palmers book it says stainless but does not say logo and I read it multiple times
      Moose
      aka Glenn

Comment

The bird is aftermarket - I have seen covers for both the overheads and flatheads so that the bird is always facing forward.
        Lonnie Campbell #9908
        South Cackalackey, U.S. of A.

Come see us at the Tenth Annual AMCA Southern National Meet - May 17-19, 2019 at Denton FarmPark, Denton, N.C.

Visit the website for vendor and visitor information at www.amcasouthernnationalmeet.com

Comment

The Superior Air Cleaners with the bird were made with the bird facing both directions. In the Superior catalogue they warned you not to install a bird facing the wrong was as it would slow down your bike. You can still buy new Superior air cleaners with the bird facing either way through Dixie.
          Be sure to visit;
          http://www.vintageamericanmotorcycles.com/main.php
          Be sure to register at the site so you can see large images.
          Also be sure to visit http://www.caimag.com/forum/

Comment

All the original 1950 models I have seen had a chrome air filter cover. I looked at a second owner (purchased early 50's) very late 49 FL a couple of days ago, it had stainless air filter cover, timer, gen. and primary inspection covers and a chrome clutch cover. The front fork panel had the Hydraglide stamping at the top. The front fender had riveted brackets, but it is unknown whether or not the original owner had replaced it. Nice old bike, it is in a friends shop for charging system repair. The owner is 70 something and wants to ride it some more.
            Kyle Oanes AMCA # 3046

Comment

Working...
            X