RH-55 Tail lamps

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• RH-55 Tail lamps

I am working on a few of these tail lamps, and have a couple of questions. The wires are red and green. I see both plastic, and cloth wrapped. I suppose the the cloth ones are older? Does anyone know when they switched? And how long should I make the wires that I am putting in the bulb holders? My '65 has turn signals, so they are just wire nutted under the rear fender, real close to the tail lamp. But if a bike is older, or doesn't have tail lamps, then how long should I make these wires? Did they go all the way through the loom in one piece, or were they connected in the back? Thanks.
    Mike

If I'm wrong I am certain that I will be corrected, but from my knowledge base I would say that they are one piece wires from the taillight to the seat post area. My assumption on the cloth versus plastic is that that change from cloth to plastic would have occurred simultaneous with the rest of the harness which is somewhere around 1966/67/68.

In summary, for your '65, cloth, one-piece to seat post.
    Lonnie Campbell #9908
    South Cackalackey, U.S. of A.

Come see us at the Tenth Annual AMCA Southern National Meet - May 17-19, 2019 at Denton FarmPark, Denton, N.C.

Visit the website for vendor and visitor information at www.amcasouthernnationalmeet.com

Comment

Thanks Lonnie. I rewired six of them, and put 3 foot of red and green plastic 18 guage on them. On the ones with accessory lights, they are pig tailed at the back of the rear fender, I think. I have red tail light cloth covered wire, but couldn't find the green. I guess whoever gets them will have to see about that small detail. The wire can't be seen at the back because it goes into the protector coil. I just like to get things as right as I can within my limited means and ability. Any other input on this would be appreciated.
      Mike

Comment

Working...
      X