wanted 50 pan fl pictures

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• wanted 50 pan fl pictures

anyone have some pictures you could post of a 50 pan I'm looking for some 95 to 100 pointers so I could make mine as correct as possible.

thanks
    Moose
    aka Glenn

I have some detailed photos of some original 1950 pans, too many to post and the quality would suffer. If you're interested PM me with your info and I'll send you anything I have that you want.
    Brian Howard AMCA#5866

Comment

I'd read alot of Palmers and order photos of stock bikes

Glenn, I'd like to say something hopefully not too late either. I understand you're restoring with intent of an award which is great. I'd still be carefull with a powercoated frame as it was not that way outta the box and if it looks different then what it was a judge can deduct points for paint if too glossy or thick. The restoring process is a nit picky one when going after high points in the AMCA meets and I've seen many of people throw fits at the judges over the years over it as well. The frame is the last thing you'd want points against with the work involved. I understand todays powercoating is better then yesterdays however can it fool a set of judges is what I'm saying respectfully. Maybe I'm wrong and they're loosening up some rules as of lately but the Panhead era Judges are rather sharp. Good Luck to you. Merlin in Pa.
      Last edited by Magic; 12-13-2008, 10:52 AM. Reason: spelling

Comment

I have consigned a real nice Riviera Blue 1950 panhead to the MidAmerica auction to be held in January at Las Vegas. There are a couple photos on their website. It is a correct restoration but I never did have it judged. I think it would do 95 or better. Have a look at www.midamericaauctions.com . Then click on the Las Vegas auction and scroll down til you find it. They also have a green 50 with sidecar that is supposed to be close to original however I have never seen the bike and know nothing about it. Good Luck!! John Lindemann
        Last edited by jwl; 12-12-2008, 07:41 PM. Reason: spelling

Comment

thanks Merlin

you already talked me out of the powder coating even though I think at 80% coating it would look good not great mind you just good
          Moose
          aka Glenn

Comment

thanks all for the info, if anyone does have any more my e mail is in the member section
            Moose
            aka Glenn

Comment

Be sure to visit;
              http://www.vintageamericanmotorcycles.com/main.php
              Be sure to register at the site so you can see large images.
              Also be sure to visit http://www.caimag.com/forum/

Comment

thanks

chris you never stop amazing me with your collection of items and wealth of knowledge. People like you make this site great.

glenn
                Moose
                aka Glenn

Comment

how about the l/s picture anyone
                  Moose
                  aka Glenn

Comment

50fl

ls 50 fl

Comment

thanks that will help as I endeavor to complete my portfolio to reassemble my 50 fl
                      Moose
                      aka Glenn

Comment

Just remembered I have a 1950 factory to dealer new model announcement bulletin. Here's a left and right side from it ... Perry
                        Attached Files

Comment

thanks perry
                          that will help on my quest to restore my 50

glenn
                          Moose
                          aka Glenn

Comment

Working...
                          X