Head Lamp Nacelle Casting #

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Head Lamp Nacelle Casting #

As part of my '65 resto I am considering installing the NOS tach kit I picked up a few years back. To do that I want to maintain the stock/original one and pick up another for drilling as required by the factory installation guide. I have found one that looks like it is original HD and has the following casting marks:

One half is marked inside with 67854-60 Alcoa X, and the other is 67855-60 Alcoa X.

My 68-85 parts manual lists the polished aluminum as 67847-60 and 68848-60.

I know that the casting marks will differ from year specific part numbers. The casting marks suggest that these are HD originals. Can anyone confirm that the 60 up polised aluminum nacelles would have the casting marks above?

Thanks!
    Ray
    AMCA #7140

Hello Ray,

I just checked my 62 which I have had for 26 years and my 78 and the two spare sets I have hanging around and they all have those same casting numbers on them.

Comment

Originally posted by cdndewey View Post
      Hello Ray,

I just checked my 62 which I have had for 26 years and my 78 and the two spare sets I have hanging around and they all have those same casting numbers on them.
      Thanks for the confirmation! I'll pick up this set.
      Ray
      AMCA #7140

Comment

Originally posted by rbenash View Post
        As part of my '65 resto I am considering installing the NOS tach kit I picked up a few years back. To do that I want to maintain the stock/original one and pick up another for drilling as required by the factory installation guide.Thanks!
        Doesn't the tach mount on the handlebar mount? Do you drill a hole for the cable?
        Be sure to visit;
        http://www.vintageamericanmotorcycles.com/main.php
        Be sure to register at the site so you can see large images.
        Also be sure to visit http://www.caimag.com/forum/

Comment

Yes there's a mount that is an extension of the handelbar cover. The cable though comes up through the nacelle. The instructions include a template for creating the hole.
          Ray
          AMCA #7140

Comment

Working...
          X