Air Cleaner Cover

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Air Cleaner Cover

As far as the stainless steel J-slot air cleaner covers go, did the factory ever produce them without the flat spot where the bar and sheild is stamped in? I know Clete has some reproductions that don't have the flat spot and I thought all the original ones did. In the past month or two I have seen a few well used looking ones that did not have the flat spot. I also noticed that Clete's did not have a drain hole in the bottom. Of the used ones two did not and one did. Did all original J-slot covers have the drain hole in the bottom? Thanks for any help.
    Brian Howard AMCA#5866

Just for what it's worth, I have a stainless steel cover and a chromed steel cover and both are flat at the logo area, both have drain holes, and both have riveted instruction plates. I also have a later cover with the hole in the middle and it too has a drain hole.
    Eric Smith
    AMCA #886

Comment

wow, 191 views and no one seems to know....PA. must be the land of the lost motorcycle parts, we seem to always be lookin at parts no one else seems to know much about. Don't know where the covers I was offfered came from but I guess they must be forgeries, oh well they're gone now any way. Thanks Eric.
      Brian Howard AMCA#5866

Comment

Also the trumpet horn power pack cover is the same, with a flat spot and drain.
        Cheers
        Bear

Comment

Working...
        X