mystery 65 coil cover

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• mystery 65 coil cover

Has anybody ever seen such a part as is listed for the 1965 FL coil cover in my 1965 parts manual? (SEE ATTACHMENT)It has the exact same parts # as the square coil cover that everyone is familiar with...
    #31800-65. Could it never of existed?? If you have such a part or have seen one please contact me. Thanks, jeff ... See attachment
    Attached Files
    Last edited by jorrow; 03-19-2008, 06:38 PM. Reason: left a few words out

Are you talking about the big square one? My slightly later parts book doesn't show a # for it , but it looks like the 61-64 cover for the dual coils.
    Brian
    Brian Howard AMCA#5866

Comment

65 Coil cover

No Brian, it's a completely different creature I'm talking about. See attached image on first post. It is in a HD 1965 parts manual that ends in that year. It has the same exact part # as the square cover they made forever (the square one is shown in post 1965 manuals), but it seems to be nonexistant. Could it have been a mock up? Has anyone seen a mockup in a parts publication before? The picture seems too distinctive to have just been an artists poor interpretation of the "square cover". Notice that the two slots for each spark plug wire is eliminated. I'm very curious about this. Hopefully someone can shed some light. I was at Eustis this month and there were a dozen 1965's none of which had this attached. Jeff

Comment

Never saw one like that, or even the picture of it from a manual. I will keep my eyes peeled though.
        Brian
        Brian Howard AMCA#5866

Comment

Working...
        X