Handlebars Again

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Handlebars Again

I did a search for “handlebars” here, and came up empty so I’m going ask you all a question about handle bars. This past weekend I final found a set of period correct handlebars for the 48. They are not that pretty now, but I’ll make em work.

I need to know if there is a part number for the collar which is brazed on just above the plunger slot on the O.D. of the bars? Cause for some reason I’m missing the one on the right side. Is this just one of those things that everyone just makes for them self’s and calls it correct or do you all wait till the perfect set of handlebars comes by?

I have I.D. the handlebars as 1946/1948 by the plunger style and that they where born as “Offset Springer Handlebars” which someone decide to drill-out into the "Standard" style.
    What about that collar? Which way would you go.? Thanks..-Steve

P.S...Not being able to post photo's is killing me.
    ------------
    Steve
    AMCA #7300

Steve there is hope. Tom Faber of fabercycle.com reproduces these bars to the tee. He can supply you the missing parts you seek. I’m in the process of sending him one of mine for straightening. You can read more about him here and on the panhead site. He has informed me that he will be out of commission until a couple of days after Daytona. Hope this helps. Bob
    AMCA #3149
    http://www.thegoodoldmotorcyclepartscompany.com

Comment

Thanks Bob, I have heard of Tom Faber's work over the past few years. Seems everyone likes him. After giving it some thought I'm just going to make one up and braze it on. After its all painted who's going to know.

I just need to fill weld 1/2 of the center hole and heat and beat a bit of a kink out of the left side bar and heat and twist a small twist out of the right bar and these things will be good to the go. -Steve
      ------------
      Steve
      AMCA #7300

Comment

Yep, we've made them before. We made ours out of aluminum and pressed it on. Looks perfect.

Comment

Working...
        X