No announcement yet.

speedometer restoration

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Cool stuff Perry! I never realized there were such specialized tools for doing that sort of stuff, I learn something new every day!

Comment

Speedo Bezel Rolling Fixture

Perry
      I'd like to make a couple of those toos. Do you have one? If so, is there any chance I could het you to email me a few detailed pics and maybe a few measurments?
      Let ma know.
      Thanks
      Mark Masa
      Link Cycles

Comment

Mark - the bent screwdriver and bezel straightener should be self explanatory so I assume you're interested in the bezel roller. Yes, I have one and even though I paid big bucks for it and routinely use it happily, if I was starting from scratch I'd likely make a press type tool to roll the bezel on. The factory came up with that unit because they had several different sized speedo bezels to roll. Since all the 509 series speedo bezels on Harleys are the same diameter a press unit would be a lot more straight forward to make. I'll attach a couple photos showing what the factory supplied press units look like (that my "chain roller" superseded). First picture is what Stewart Warner supplied to the military during WWII ... Perry
        Attached Files

Comment

And here's Stewart Warner's earlier Harley bezel roller ... Perry
          Attached Files

Comment

speedo resto

I have used John Bordas as well. Did a great job of fixing, cleaning my 59 speedo and leaving the appearance original. Met John finally at Davenport last year...Great guy
            Steve Klein
            Collector . Conservator . Enthusiast
            American Pre-teens - 1965
            AMCA Member 12176
            Cherokee Chapter President, Editor
            www.CherokeeAMCA.org
            Steve@SteveKlein.com
            Georgetown, TX USA

Comment

Working...
            X