No announcement yet.

high beam indicator

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What I find most intriqueing about Perrys's scan is the ornamental control wire wrap. It appears to be Dixie's shown in a Factory publication?

...Cotten

Comment

I thought I throw these it to add to the confusion. I know the 65's had this stuff added by the dealers or owners but all I've seen were done this way. Could have been and probably was done differently in the north land.

Passing/spot lite switch.

Comment

passing/spot lite switch.
        Attached Files

Comment

oops. that was the cigar lighter.
          Attached Files

Comment

Right side of fork -- turn signal outside high beam inside.
            Attached Files

Comment

Passing/spot lite switch.
              Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by T. Cotten
                What I find most intriguing about Perry's scan is the ornamental control wire wrap. It appears to be Dixie's shown in a Factory publication?

...Cotten
                The factory sold various colours of the stuff too. Green and white was 91697-55 ... Perry
                Attached Files

Comment

Interesting as in those photos the indicator bulb/lense is higher then most I've seen or as on mine. Also odd enough to me is the Spot light switch again since it's an add on switch type it was mounted whereever also as mine isn't there either. Odd enough I don't wanna move mine either someone before me put it ontop of the Front Safety Bar right side. Mine must of been one heck of a decked out dresser in it's day as like I said earlier 2 red & 2 Green lenses along with 2 toggle switches behind my triple trees. Standardization on all the same year models back in the day would be up to region, day of build or interpetation there of. Auto mation wasn't a big thing back then either as hand built was more the theme. I've seen my share of differences in same model Motorcycles when it comes to add ons. Keep riding them, Merlin in Pa.

Comment

After more indepth research I stand corrected. After talking to an old friend who was a dealer in Augusta, GA up until the early 90's, he informed me of several facts.
                    1) 65 FL's that came factory equipped with directional signals did in fact have green left and right side pilot lamps.
                    2) Don't assume that if dealer installed a factory signal accessory kit that the dealer would always install both pilot lamps. (To which he sheepishly admitted)
                    3) Don't always take the parts manual to be the undisputed Gospel.
                    4) Black and white photos are black and white. You can't tell what damn color anything is. (His exact words)

I hope this helps clear the water some.
                    Dan

BTW Lonnie, we're not too far from each other. You know any Hawg Ridin Fools from Centerville?

Comment

Originally posted by Perry Ruiter
                      Close up of the instruction sheet ... Perry
                      guess I'll forget about the cigarette lighter, that's where my tach mounts to the front of the handlebar cover

Comment

high beam indicator

My 1965 has no high beam indicator. It has a pilot light green one per aluminum backside. If one was to buy a high beam kit that year I supposed one could mount it werever they desire. jeff

Comment

Working...
                        X