No announcement yet.

seat post springs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Koans, thanks for the contact info, Inlinefournut, I'll give the valve spring a shot if I can find one, "one mans trash is another mans gold" Mike

Comment

The spring over the post deal helps a bit, but as a rider that has done that, you'll find that over time the spring will really raise hell with the seat T and the frame. For a truly pleasant ride you just can't beat a correctly set up post. "Like Floating on Air"

Comment

The valve spring trick always seemed to break the clip that holds the seat post pin in.

Comment

I spoke with David Croft over the phone about a better set-up. He sells at swap meets and such. I could wait till June and catch him at the Farmington Mn. antique bike show but I think I'll just order a set thru the mail, Thanks to everyone for all the help! Mike

Comment

Ive never had the spring clip break, and it will mar the paint a bit but it shouldn' tear anything up to bad. It's not a fix all. the springs gotta be close to start with. a 240 lb. guy can't be on a 150 lb. post, valve spring or not, period. but a 180 lb. guy will be happier on a 150 lb. post with a valve spring than he will be on the 220lb.at least thats been my experience. but you are right, there is no equal to a seat post set up for exactly your weight.

Comment

Working...
            X