• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by T. Cotten View Post

I'll wager a brew or two, M.A.D.,...

They used OEM-design springs,

And inners would fit, too.

...Cotten
    Ya, i owe you a Schlitz Cotten. Probably would be able to generic a lot of the springer parts since everyone and their brother was making them back then & even currently.

*M.A.D.*
    Last edited by JoJo357; 02-27-2024, 03:44 PM.

Comment

More than one of those companies were forced to cease production because there springers were considered unsafe

Comment

Originally posted by duffeycycles View Post
        More than one of those companies were forced to cease production because there springers were considered unsafe
        Which brings us full circle, Folks,...

To the loose nut on the handlebars.

....Cotten
        AMCA #776
        Dumpster Diver's Motto: Seek,... and Ye Shall Find!

Comment

Cotton,I don't remember but there is a guy in AMA Hall of Fame that investigated & forced them to stop making them.

Comment

Originally posted by duffeycycles View Post
            Cotton,I don't remember but there is a guy in AMA Hall of Fame that investigated & forced them to stop making them.
            Consider the irony, Duffey!

Most Famers were racers.

I'd love to see a statistical analysis of race injuries compared to springers. (Injuries per mile should seal it.)

Don't get me wrong, I'd never ride one, but everybody's got an equal right to chase the Darwin award.

....Cotten
            PS: Always need pics:

4wheeldchopper.jpg

Freddie Hernandez:
            FREDDY_HERNANDEZ.jpg
            Last edited by T. Cotten; 02-27-2024, 11:51 AM.
            AMCA #776
            Dumpster Diver's Motto: Seek,... and Ye Shall Find!

Comment

Originally posted by T. Cotten View Post

Consider the irony, Duffey!

Most Famers were racers.

I'd love to see a statistical analysis of race injuries compared to springers. (Injuries per mile should seal it.)

Don't get me wrong, I'd never ride one, but everybody's got an equal right to chase the Darwin award.

....Cotten
              PS: Always need pics:

4wheeldchopper.jpg

Freddie Hernandez:
              FREDDY_HERNANDEZ.jpg
              Cotten I am not all that fond of choppers myself. Here is the bike that cemented my love for Knuckleheads and my dislike for choppers. 1940 EL - 74 inch top and 61 inch bottom - circa 1979 in northern Wisconsin heading to International Fall, Minnesota. So many things in this picture that is NOT me today. 1940 EL chopper.jpg

Jerry

Comment

I rode a few hard tails when I was younger. If your but is coming off the seat it's not the front end, it's because of no suspension on the rear end. Enjoy the nostalgia!

Comment

Working...
                X