Late 48 Front Fender Tip

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Late 48 Front Fender Tip

Does anyone out there have a template or some type of guidance for the holes to mount this late 48 front fender tip? While I am asking, I also need a template for the rear version of this fender tip.

48 Front Fender tip.jpg

When I installed one on my '46, I first fitted the trim piece to the fender. Bending it to fit the contour the best I could. I cut a card board template out matching the outside shape of the fender trim. Then I put black marker on the screw bungs and fit the card board to the trim, transferring the bung locations to the card board. Cut holes in the card board and I had a template. Spent a bunch of time fitting it to the fender before I started drilling holes. Blue tape holding it in place, back up, check the location, center etc. Maybe not the best way, but it worked out for me, good luck.

Comment

Thanks for the input. I considered similar but didn't want to reinvent if someone had an actual template. I will tackle this and see how it goes.

Comment

If you had a template it probably wouldn't fit ! I do similar to Architect

Comment

Working...
        X