Inlet valve oilers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Inlet valve oilers

Can anyone show a clear picture of how the inlet valve oilers are positioned in a properly assembled head? My 52 didn't have them when I dissassembled the heads and the manual isn't clear how they are positioned. It only says to set the clearence to the rocker arm to 3/32". I have a set of original oilers that position the oiler outlet to the side of the rocker arm. I'd have to bend the outlet tube quite a bit to have it directly over the rocker as has been advised in another forum.and this doesn't seem correct to me.

Originally posted by slamiste View Post
    Can anyone show a clear picture of how the inlet valve oilers are positioned in a properly assembled head? My 52 didn't have them when I dissassembled the heads and the manual isn't clear how they are positioned. It only says to set the clearence to the rocker arm to 3/32". I have a set of original oilers that position the oiler outlet to the side of the rocker arm. I'd have to bend the outlet tube quite a bit to have it directly over the rocker as has been advised in another forum.and this doesn't seem correct to me.
    Hi Slamiste,
    I have this set of 56' Panheads torn down for a rebuild in the shop right now. I have been riding a Pan since 1972, and have rebuilt many, many of these heads, stock and Hi-Performance. I have another set of 1950 heads in the shop that are exactly the same on another engine I am rebuilding.
    This set is stock, and I mocked the rocker blocks and oiler tubes back on to show you how I run them, and in all these years I have never had an issue. I put a Hite-Mike in place of the valve spring to show you the proximity to the spring collar and the rocker arm. The feeler gage is set up at .060", so approximately 1/16" works. The felt in the Pan cover is critical for proper lubrication. It sounds like the oilers you have are set up correctly as you stated " I have a set of original oilers that position the oiler outlet to the side of the rocker arm." That is what I am showing with the .060" feeler gage.
    I hope that helps, but it has always worked for me.
    Thanks,
    1939wl
    You do not have permission to view this gallery.
    This gallery has 3 photos.
    Member # 8964

Comment

Thanks 1939wl. Your pictures look pretty much like what I have put together for my 52. The only difference I see is your oilers are bent down closer to the spring retainer.

Comment

Working...
      X