Saddlebag Guard ID

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Saddlebag Guard ID

Anybody recognize these rails? They resemble those for a Shovel, but aren't threaded on the ends for the mounting brackets, and have just one mount location that looks like it would grab a pan or shovel saddlebag bracket. Also, they would not fit on a bike with a turn signal bar. I got them in a bunch of parts from Panhead City 20 years ago when I bought a Pan from them, so I'm thinking maybe early Pan or even Knuck, but I can't find anything close to them in online searches, nor can I figure out how they'd be mounted.

You do not have permission to view this gallery.
    This gallery has 3 photos.
    Ride it like you can fix it!

Just guessing but they don’t look like HD issue. Maybe something like Superior or Dixie?

Comment

Originally posted by otis71 View Post
      Just guessing but they don’t look like HD issue. Maybe something like Superior or Dixie?
      I figured they might be aftermarket. Any idea what they might have been used on, or how they were mounted?
      Ride it like you can fix it!

Comment

No clue on what they fit, however the mounting plate on the back fits the pattern for mid '60s H-D style lights and the reflector is definitely not early, '60s or '70s stuff. Perhaps early Gold-Wing.with that square shape.
        Robbie Knight Amca #2736

Comment

They might have been Dixie/Superior's for bubble or smaller bags, JSB,...

But that bottom rectangular hardware doesn't ring a bell at all.

And I memorized the catalog (when I had a memory).

Hope it un-bolts!

....Cotten
          AMCA #776
          Dumpster Diver's Motto: Seek,... and Ye Shall Find!

Comment

Working...
          X