Float Bowl Gasket Thickness

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Float Bowl Gasket Thickness

Looking through my gaskets for a float bowl on a 74B I noticed varying thicknesses. What would be the correct thickness and same question for a Flatty 51L carburetor? If incorrect thickness can the float be adjusted to allow for the difference?

Originally posted by otis71 View Post
    Looking through my gaskets for a float bowl on a 74B I noticed varying thicknesses. What would be the correct thickness and same question for a Flatty 51L carburetor? If incorrect thickness can the float be adjusted to allow for the difference?
    Second question first, Otis,..

Sidebowl Linkerts, other than the M53 series, had no gasket, but butcher-paper is thin enough to make them sanitary without affecting the setting. M53 series used a 'fat' gasket, but some literature raises the setting a sixteenth accordingly, even though the gaskets were more like a thirty-second.

OHVs' gaskets were similarly 'fat', but the float setting remained the same as sidevalves with no gasket.

One could conclude that the exact accuracy of setting is secondary to being level, and not hanging up.

....Cotten
    PS: I find both OHV and K gaskets from JAMES are ~.32", whereas dead soldiers in my collection, none of which can be certain to be OEM, were from .26" to .28", for what that's worth. Once again, "ruler accuracy" is fine.
    Last edited by T. Cotten; 04-26-2023, 02:02 PM.
    AMCA #776
    Dumpster Diver's Motto: Seek,... and Ye Shall Find!

Comment

Working...
    X