• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

And now I got this from the saddleshop.
    depends who ya talk to I guess.
    Attached Files

Comment

I thought Heathers Leathers stated my '48 solo would have yellow over orange rosettes. I can't find a text or email to confirm it, maybe it was verbal??? I think the yellow over orange would look great with the orange piping on my saddle bags. I better call or text to confirm the color before the seat is made.

Curly

Comment

This is what HL sent me. These rosettes are not even like the ones that they put on the seat originally. They are smaller serrated edge much thicker and has some big washers on them. My head is starting to hurt from this.
        Attached Files

Comment

Also do you see the difference in the length of the skirt on my seat that I just posted? Eric,Wallaman, and Greg. All skirts appear longer. Eric seat done by same HL.

Comment

Originally posted by paddy View Post
            Also do you see the difference in the length of the skirt on my seat that I just posted? Eric,Wallaman, and Greg. All skirts appear longer. Eric seat done by same HL.
            Paddy,
            Can't tell you that the seat on my '48 that I posted pics of above is correct for the year based on the rosette colors (I've been told it is and it isn't), but it is an original seat from the day. The skirts then were not made of leather, they were a hard rubber/plastic material. Harley had a name for it if I recall, but I don't remember what it was. Someone here is sure to know. I don't think any of the folks making reproduction seats use that material (or anything like it) today. Everyone seems to just make the skirts out of leather these days.
            Last edited by wallaman; 04-06-2023, 08:10 AM.

Comment

Here are some pics of Harley NOS Rosetts.
              Attached Files

Comment

Very cool thanks Craig

Comment

More NOS rosettes.
                  These were sold as add on pieces for seats, saddlebags, riding (kidney) belts etc in the accessory catalogs. Not specific to any year.
                  DCP_2651.JPG
                  Robbie Knight Amca #2736

Comment

Well after getting pictures from other members deluxe solo seats. It also appears that the skirt on the seat that i have... that was done by Heather's Leathers back in 2004 from what they told me.... this seat skirt is considerably shorter than the original seats and the one that Saddleshop did for Greg.wallamans original and even Eric's seat that was done by Heather's Leathers..
                    Attached Files

Comment

At least with NOS rosettes, Folks,..

You know they will be poked in the center!

rosetteX.jpg

https://forum.antiquemotorcycle.org/...ge2#post224898

....Cotten
                      AMCA #776
                      Dumpster Diver's Motto: Seek,... and Ye Shall Find!

Comment

Working...
                      X