Deluxe solo seat rosette colors

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Deluxe solo seat rosette colors

What is the correct rosette colors for 1948 SOLO?? I currently have yellow over green.
    What is the correct rosette color combination for the 1951 Deluxe SOLO???

I was hoping you would get an informed reply. I have the yellow over green rosette on my '48 Deluxe solo seat, and thought it was also correct for my '51FL. Regardless, I like it, but would like to know.
    Eric Smith
    AMCA #886

Comment

Yup I am surprised . With all the knowledge on this forum that nobody has responded.

Comment

Having read your post I checked my emails and mine was built by 'Chucknjo at the Saddleshop' and they confirmed that the correct colours for the '48 rosettes were red over natural (I took their word for it), enclosed is their image. Having checked my bike, they delivered yellow over red! Palmers p686+ does not seem to specify, so I'm none the wiser.

seat 1.JPGseat mine.jpg

Comment

And this is why I posted the question. I am getting different answers for 48 deluxe solo and 51 deluxe solo...

Comment

Ok so just got off the phone with Heather leather.
            48 deluxe solo is yellow over red
            48 buddy seat is yellow
            51 deluxe solo is yellow over green
            51 buddy seat is red.
            If any body hears something different please post here.

Comment

What year, of the same 3 piece skirted seat, are red over white and red over natural?
              Attached Files
              Last edited by ryan; 03-31-2023, 08:31 AM.

Comment

This one is on my '48 Pan. Correct?... Can't say for sure, but I like it!

DSC08883a.JPG

Comment

Ha!!! That looks like red over yellow.
                  it looks great!!! But add to more uncertainty!!! Keep them coming.

Comment

I got this seat from Heather's and very pleased with the quality. I now remember that I asked for a Deluxe for my '51FL. It's on my '48 right now, but will be going over to the bike on it's left now that Patrick identified it's home.

deluxe solo 51.jpg
                    Eric Smith
                    AMCA #886

Comment

Good to know Eric!!
                      I have the same bike's in my stable!!
                      51FL with sidecar
                      48EL
                      I have the buddy seat also. So I ordered the rosettes for both years and both seats.

Are those Standard handlebars on your 48?

Comment

I also have a Buddy seat with the star, and red rosette on the skirt. I've never liked the looks of the Buddy, but love the comfort. The bars are standards.

bvillejune1.jpg
                        Last edited by exeric; 03-31-2023, 04:10 PM.
                        Eric Smith
                        AMCA #886

Comment

I have seen some of the conchos having scalloped edges and some having serrated edges. I have also seen some of the skirts sticking straight out, down about 45 degrees and some almost straight down.

i kinda cheat with adding the color to the colored conchos, I glue a piece of automotive vinyl to the leather, with shoe sole glue(red and yellow barg), then cut the concho out. Angelus Leather paint is, by far, the best leather paint to use if painting them.

Comment

Ok now I don't know what the hell is going on. When I spoke to the girl at Heather's Leathers. I wrote down exactly what she said to me and then relay it to this thread!!!
                            this is what showed up at the mailbox!!!
                            Orange????
                            Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by paddy View Post
                              Ok now I don't know what the hell is going on. When I spoke to the girl at Heather's Leathers. I wrote down exactly what she said to me and then relay it to this thread!!!
                              this is what showed up at the mailbox!!!
                              Orange????
                              Heathers leathers has some listings of concho colors on their website under Prices, keep in mind that the prices have not been updated in at least ten years. Link below
                              I read somewhere that this style of seat also had a yellow over natural for the raw edge version of this seat, I just cannot remember where I read it.

http://heathersleathers.com/prices.html

Comment

Working...
                              X