Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 48 Panhead - Even more questions post judging

Hi – I’m limited by the five photos, so here a few more easy questions

8 - see tank emblem photo - Harley Davidson lettering should be in red? Correct?
    9 - see buffer springs photo - For solo machine do you have additional springs inside? At the top, at the bottom or both top and bottom?
    10 - see front brake lever photo - which parts are cad and which are parkerised - is the photo correct?
    11 - see fender glass photo - I have milk plastic - apparently it should be glass, but frosted or milk?
    12 - see tank buffer strip photo - how should this be fitted, I cut mine which is wrong?

Thanks, Greg

Attached Files

Hi Greg,
    lettering is red, your photo is of aftermarket item
    buffer springs on bottom only
    early 48 is all park
    frosted glass
    filler strip is 3 7/16 long
    ​​​​​​​vph-d

Comment

Interesting, I assume the filler strip covers the whole space behind the instruement panel and is removed when you raise the seat?

On the front brake lever bits, these were picked up in the judging. I have cad plated the clamp band and the screws and the pivot bolt (mid to late 48) as in Palmer page 911. He also specifies the pivot bolt nut as parkerised page 913 which I did too.

There is no mention of the 45033 handlever clamp bushing, 6543 washer, 512 clvis pin, but I'm assuming from your comments these should all be parkerised?

Thanks, Greg

Comment

Originally posted by harleygreg View Post
        Interesting, I assume the filler strip covers the whole space behind the instruement panel and is removed when you raise the seat?

On the front brake lever bits, these were picked up in the judging. I have cad plated the clamp band and the screws and the pivot bolt (mid to late 48) as in Palmer page 911. He also specifies the pivot bolt nut as parkerised page 913 which I did too.

There is no mention of the 45033 handlever clamp bushing, 6543 washer, 512 clvis pin, but I'm assuming from your comments these should all be parkerised?

Thanks, Greg
        The filler strip continues UNDER the dash cover and is retained by it.
        Robbie Knight Amca #2736

Comment

Aaah! Right

Comment

Working...
          X