Best Clutch Source

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Best Clutch Source

Time to replace the original clutch discs in the 64. Is there a specific source that is better or best for a stock application? I prefer to do repairs only once!
    Thanks and Happy New Year
    Jason Zerbini
    Near Pittsburgh PA (Farm Country)
    Allegheny Mountain Chapter http://amcaamc.com/

I use Alto red clutch discs in my shovelheads, they are oil tolerant and last. Others may say differently, of course.
    AMCA #41287
    1971 Sprint SS350 project
    1982 FXR - AMCA 98.5 point restoration
    1979 FXS 1200 never done playing
    1998 Dyna Convertible - 100% Original
    96" Evo Softail self built chopper
    2012 103" Road King "per diem"
    plus 13 other bikes over the years...

Comment

I use the standard, no name brand I'll call them, packaged by Drag Specialties, Bikers Choice, V Twin, etc...They are quoted as OEM replacement typically and have a green color hint in the friction material. They are NOT Barnett brand or Alto which is why I call them no name...imported from somewhere over seas. They have worked as a stock replacement clutch friction in the shop for my customers for 30 plus years. While I've experimented with many others, I've always gone back to these. I do like to use them with the Barnett replacement steel plates. Be sure your studs on the center hub are smooth, your frictions when installed don't bind and your pressure plate settings allow an equal release and you'll be very happy with the shifting and neutral locate abilities of this clutch set up.

Comment

Originally posted by dukekleman View Post
        I use the standard, no name brand I'll call them, packaged by Drag Specialties, Bikers Choice, V Twin, etc...They are quoted as OEM replacement typically and have a green color hint in the friction material. They are NOT Barnett brand or Alto which is why I call them no name...imported from somewhere over seas. They have worked as a stock replacement clutch friction in the shop for my customers for 30 plus years. While I've experimented with many others, I've always gone back to these. I do like to use them with the Barnett replacement steel plates. Be sure your studs on the center hub are smooth, your frictions when installed don't bind and your pressure plate settings allow an equal release and you'll be very happy with the shifting and neutral locate abilities of this clutch set up.
        I to have found the same as you dukekleman, sometimes the no name brand stuff works great!

Comment

Working...
        X