65 FLH front fork tubes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 65 FLH front fork tubes

Looking for some advice / experience regarding rebuilding my original FLH front end. The bike had been stored in a damp environment for quite some time based on the amount of TLC all the surface finishes required to get cleaned up. The last real issue I need to address is the sticky front end. The fork sliders will "stay" in what ever position you leave them in, anywhere in their range of motion. I'm pretty sure the condition is being caused by corrosion on the fork tubes. My question is should I replace the fork tubes with a hard chromed version instead of the stock raw steel tubes? Would this deter future corrosion from forming? She lives in a much better environment now, but will be ridden only occasionally so I'm concerned about this happening again. I should add this is an original low mileage bike with no damage so I've ruled out any alignment issues that can cause similar symptoms. Thanks in advance for any input.

Replace the springs & get tubes from Frank's Maintenance & Engineering.If the bushings are loose,have them done by an expert.

Comment

Working...
    X