Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Front Fender Tip

Gentlemen (Yikes!! Am I being politically incorrect?),
    I'm looking for an OEM stainless steel fender tip for my '53 FLE, P/N 59215-49. I have one for the rear and after quite a bitt of motorcycle meet searching, I broke down and tried a VTwin re-pop for the front. Unfortunately, it's was a waste of money (and time) as the re-pop is a totally, mis-bent disaster. I'll now act my age and forgo any further criticism.
    If you have, or know of an OEM tip, please let me know.
    Thank you kindly,
    Bill Pedalino
    Last edited by billpedalino; 11-07-2021, 06:40 AM.
    Bill Pedalino
    Huntington, New York
    AMCA 6755

Try John Pierce. Good restored ones are going to cost.

craig

Comment

Thanks Craig - I didn't think of calling John.
      Bill Pedalino
      Huntington, New York
      AMCA 6755

Comment

101_0171.JPG101_0169.JPG101_0171.JPG Here's some pics of the V-Twin front fender tip on my 50 EL. I have originals that need the studs replaced, so I put this on 'til I fix an original. It looks pretty good, but I'm not sure how long it will last as the studs are smaller than OEM.
        Attached Files

Comment

Craig,
          Your VTwin tip fits far better than mine, and I have a flawless OEM fender. I've patiently and repeatedly tried tweaking it and coaxing it into position, but the compound bends make it impossible to get it to lay flat against the top of the fender and still connect (vertically AND horizontally) into my OEM sider rails. Given that yours fits a so much better than mine, I can only place blame on quality control.

I have another tip with a missing stud and the usual bends and dents. My plan is to try to straighten it out and make it presentable, silver solder a stud on, polish it up, and hope it holds together.
          Bill Pedalino
          Huntington, New York
          AMCA 6755

Comment

Sounds like a good plan. Buying " Replica " items from V-Twin is indeed a crap shoot.

Comment

You are 100 percent correct about V-Twin. been buying that crap for years and never had anything work without some kind of modification.

Comment

“You are 100 percent correct about V-Twin. been buying that crap for years and never had anything work without some kind of modification.”

Thats why we do what we do instead of Lego, **** that goes together too easy is boring. It’s nice to get some admiration for skills and patience. Of course my V-twin tip is still sealed in a package and I am awaiting an OEM one I found on the ‘bay.

Craig

Comment

Working...
                X