Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Panamainc
    replied
    Thanks Guys...I have been away. I am going to put this up on the lift and do the complete once over and check everything as this is not right at all. I will post what I find once this issue is solved.

Leave a comment:

• T. Cotten
    replied
    Originally posted by Ka3acmah View Post
    Could also be breather out of time??
    Could be, Ka3acmah!

But it should puke out the breather tube behind the pump, not the primary.

A steady drip while running suggests a loose hose to the primary chain oiler.

They are always fun.

....Cotten

Leave a comment:

• Ka3acmah
    replied
    Could also be breather out of time??

Leave a comment:

• T. Cotten
    replied
    Welcome PanamaInc!

Since the primary is supposed to be sealed, sumping past the ball check should be a mute issue.

You must clean and inspect everywhere carefully to determine where so much could exit. A flashlight and mirror help a little.

Let's hope its just a fossilized oil line (and one you can replace easily,)

....Cotten
    PS: Do you have the 3.5 gal tanks with the petcock on the right? I'll never forget those... ...
    Last edited by T. Cotten; 10-07-2021, 03:09 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Panamainc
    started a topic Check Valve...Oil Leak question

Check Valve...Oil Leak question

I am new to this forum and have been learning quite a bit about panheads/ old shovels but this item is a bit puzzling. The bike is a total stock vintage 1966 shovelhead police bike. It had been sitting in a basement for 25 years. I slowly brought it back to life with many mechanical repairs but did not open up the motor or trany. The issue: When the bike is sitting idle on the stand I get an excessive amount of oil dripping from the primary cover. I pulled the check spring and ball. I re-lapped the ball seat and reinstalled. It made no difference in the leak. The leak is a drip every 4 seconds then slows once things are cooled but continues and does not stop. The spring and check ball seem fine. Could the relief valve be causing any of this?
Working...
X