Oil tank badge watermark location

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Oil tank badge watermark location

I have a 48 and a 49 Panhead that do not have the oil tank watermark. Were they on all the bikes?
    Any tips on where to go for "badge watermark how-to" and location for either one?

I have searched but I keep ending up in some rabbit hole. Thanks in advance

The patent decals were only applied on the left side of the oil tank. Look at the factory pictures in Bruce Palmer's books to see the approximate placement. I suspect the decals were applied by 'eyeball', and experience. I suspect there may have been precise dimensions on factory blueprints, but I would be surprised if that was adhered to in production, or if a fixture was used to position the decal.
    Eric Smith
    AMCA #886

Comment

Originally posted by exeric View Post
      The patent decals were only applied on the left side of the oil tank. Look at the factory pictures in Bruce Palmer's books to see the approximate placement. I suspect the decals were applied by 'eyeball', and experience. I suspect there may have been precise dimensions on factory blueprints, but I would be surprised if that was adhered to in production, or if a fixture was used to position the decal.
      Thank you.

Comment

Working...
      X