Windshield Deflector Plate

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Windshield Deflector Plate

DSC06690.JPGDSC06691.JPGDSC06689.JPG Can someone post a picture of how the deflector plates mount? A friend gave me some NOS plates, (58118-60 and 58119-60). I want to mount them on my '62. The following pictures show you what I'm working with. (Ignore the bugs, riding through the corn lined roads in OH can be quite tasteful without the windshield) Thank you.
    Bob Rice #6738

See how that compound "S" curve fits the shape of the nacelle? they fit the shape and the hole lines up with one of the bracket bolts. The portion with the hole is vertical, the other part horizontal.
    Robbie Knight Amca #2736

Comment

Originally posted by BigLakeBob View Post
      DSC06690.JPGDSC06691.JPGDSC06689.JPG Can someone post a picture of how the deflector plates mount? A friend gave me some NOS plates, (58118-60 and 58119-60). I want to mount them on my '62. The following pictures show you what I'm working with. (Ignore the bugs, riding through the corn lined roads in OH can be quite tasteful without the windshield) Thank you.
      What is the purpose of the plate?

Comment

One thing is certain, Folks,...

You want to install them last.

...Cotten
        AMCA #776
        Dumpster Diver's Motto: Seek,... and Ye Shall Find!

Comment

Thanks for the comments and taking time to post the pictures. I'll try and wash the bike and get mine installed this coming weekend. I believe the purpose is to cut down on the up draft. I fabricated some for another bike years ago when I had a long beard, and the theory definitely helped to keep the beard down out of your face. This time I'm just installing these because I think its a good looking accessory you don't see much and you can't let a NOS part go to waste. Thanks again.
          Bob Rice #6738

Comment

Typical weird Harley ****. Band aide to an updraft. Conversation and solution over a beer .

Comment

I really liked them Folks,...

Until vibration made them blemish the nacelle.

And they were at least 1/8" away!

Had to be the sidehack, of course.

....Cotten
              Last edited by T. Cotten; 07-30-2021, 01:58 PM.
              AMCA #776
              Dumpster Diver's Motto: Seek,... and Ye Shall Find!

Comment

Originally posted by T. Cotten View Post
                I really liked them Folks,...

Until vibration made them blemish the nacelle.

And they were at least 1/8" away!

Had to be the sidehack, of course.

....Cotten
                That's how I feel about my 'Period Correct' full wheel hubcaps. Cool accessory but after seeing the damaged they caused to spokes etc, I decided it wasn't worth running them.
                To each his own.

Comment

7.31.21B.JPG Installed, I'm real pleased with them. I do not think I'll have a clearance problem, but thanks for the heads up. Thanks again to my friend that gave me these. Now, I'm fortunate enough to have my daughter home on leave from the Navy and we're off to the local fair for some grilled sausage, funnel cakes and the demolition derby.
                  Bob Rice #6738

Comment

DCS06702mp.JPGDSC06705mp.JPGDSC06704mp.JPG
                    Last year I had originally installed the used windshield to see if I would like it on the bike. Well, it stayed throughout the season into this one. Then a friend stopped by on his way to Davenport and kindly pointed out how hideous the Rockford hardware looked. Ashamedly, I couldn't agree more. I bought the correct hardware in cad from Colony, I assume cad is correct for '62? The parts book seemed to locate the windshield brackets on the inside of the mounting brackets, this arrangement didn't work with the new National Cycle windshield with blue lower I purchased, (same as before with the prior windshield). Looking at old windshield brackets I have it seemed like I have it correct, any input here would be appreciated, do I have it mounted correctly? Correct hardware? It's only a rider so it doesn't need to be perfect but I would like to make it correct if I can. Thanks.

P.S. Post #4 shows brackets opposite of what I have, is that correct, or does it matter?
                    Last edited by BigLakeBob; 09-04-2021, 04:56 PM.
                    Bob Rice #6738

Comment

I've seen Bob's bike and it's not 'just' a rider (although he rides it a lot). Beautiful bike and the blue lowers compliment the paint job.
                      Last edited by exeric; 09-04-2021, 07:19 PM.
                      Eric Smith
                      AMCA #886

Comment

Factory style mounting.
                        Robbie Knight Amca #2736

Comment

Working...
                        X