65 FL cad parts

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 65 FL cad parts

Hi ... Palmer doesn't list the finishes for 1965, but in Palmer 2nd Edition, he shows the Steering Head Cups and the Fork Tube Caps both as Cad finished in 1964. Is that also correct for 1965? Thanks!

P.S. it took swinging a 5 pound sledge like a baseball bat to knock those Head Cups out, so I'm motivated to find the correct finish! *LOL*
    Ride it like you can fix it!

My un restored 1965 are black but who knows if it was spot painted maybe for some reason.
    #7558 Take me on and you take on the whole trailer park!

Comment

I've never seen OEM headcups from the '40s to 80s in anything other than cad...
      Robbie Knight Amca #2736

Comment

Thanks, Robbie. I figured as much, since the part numbers for both the cups and plugs were unchanged, and Palmer listed them both as Cad in prior years. All boxed up and ready to send to the plater.

KNUCK: mine were painted black, too, but a previous owner had been liberal with the rattle cans, including painting original tank and fenders with a hideous gauky red over snow white color scheme.

Comment

From Palmers 3rd ed. (pg 1181)

Chassis:

Head bearing cups, head cone nut #48330-48, dust shield, grease fittings, jiffy stand leg, shock absorber cam parts and stud nuts, seat post, throttle control coil bracket #56609-52 and screw #3720, rear fender mounting bolts, #4043W, primary cover cap screw #60564-65 (optional) primary cover inspection plate #60572-65, inspection cover screws #1354 W, and exhaust port clamp bolt.

Comment

Thanks, Panz4ever

Comment

Working...
            X