1951FL project

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1951FL project

A few pictures of my recent 2 days of activity on my '51FL. I did some work on the inner primary, and rebuilt the seat post using my Father-in-Law's discarded paint can collection. I'll post some pictures, but I don't want to hog, Hogchild's post on '65 S.N.s. I'll try to post more picture later.

panprod.jpgpanproa.jpgpanpro.jpgpanproc.jpgpanproe.jpg
    Eric Smith
    AMCA #886

Very nice, Eric!
    Loving the Pogo colors!

Comment

Eric, After seeing how talented you are and seeing pic of your Hen this should be like kindergarten for you. LOL.
      D. A. Bagin #3166 AKA Panheadzz 440 48chief W/sidecar 57fl 57flh 58fl 66m-50 68flh 70xlh

Comment

Someone probably ground the original off because they ran the inner on a foot shift bike.
        Robbie Knight Amca #2736

Comment

Thanks, D.A. I've had this '51 since the mid 1980s and it's been a great motorcycle. I took it all apart over 10 years ago with every intention of making it a quick project. Well, that project took a long scenic trip in the back seat but I'm serious about it now. I'm in a painting mode now and recently finished the frame, and all the parts to get it back on it's wheels. Still more black paint to shoot, but we're getting there.

decf.JPGnob.JPGnoa.JPG

Eric Smith
          AMCA #886

Comment

Nice frame.
            Bob Rice #6738

Comment

I have a 51FL in Rio Blue. The bike sat in a shed for 15-20 years before I bought it, and was a mild 70s style chopper. Everything had to be gone thru completely. I discovered the oil passage to the heads had been plugged when a -68 style oil pump was installed. A friend of the previous owner stated the bike would only run for a few minutes before quitting, they thought something was wrong with the timer. I found a 1 inch piece of valve stem in the 2 into 1 exhaust when I stripped the bike, so they must have fiddled with it for some time before placing it in a shed.

Nice project, I'll be watching...
              VPH-D

Comment

Working...
              X