Super Buddy Seat restoration

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Super Buddy Seat restoration

Does anyone know of a leatherworker who can restore these seats by stretching the leather as the originals were done? I have only been able to find restoration for the standard Harley Buddy Seat, not the Super.
    At one time there was a guy named Joe Otrusina (sp?) from Mount Ida, AR who was reproducing the original Harley seats and bags. After he passed on his sons continued as Brothers Leather, but I can't find a listing anymore.

buddy seat

Manitowoc eh? try Neumeyer upholstery in Two Rivers, Chris is a pretty sharp guy and once did a 1964 Plymouth Valiant seat for me that was a two tone tuck and roll. He found original fabric that had a Feb 63' date on it. the shop has been in their family since before the civil war! if he can't do it he'll get you to the right guy! FatDog

Comment

I know Chris quite well as I tried buying the '59 panhead he had and he did two seats for my wife's '55 Cushman Eagle. I'll give him a call, but I don't think he can stretch the hide like the originals were done

Comment

Buddy

Mike at Marietta Vintage always did mine but I hear he is out of Biz! too bad! Heathers Leathers does a real nice job too. I can give you their number. FatDog

Comment

FatDog, shoot me an email with the contact info for Heathers Leathers. We had our chapter's (I guess you could say Christmas) winter party last night and a friend told me to try Marietta Vintage. They had done the seat on his '48 and I know they did a great job on it.

I made a mistake, Chris' pan was a black '61. Did you see it when you were at his shop?

Comment

MORRIS AT NORTHLAND INDUSTRIES IN STAFFORDVILLE CT. DID A GREAT JOB ON MY 1960 PANHEAD, 2-TONE RED AND WHITE. GIVE HIM A CALL HE MAY BE ABLE TO HELP.......GOOD LUCK

Comment

Thanks for the reply 60PANMAN, but what I'm after is the one piece deluxe seat that was used in the late '50s. The hide is stretched to fit over the four inches of padding to make it a one piece seamless seat rather than the two piece seat witha top stitched to the sides.

Comment

Working...
              X