Harley-Davidson 75 Oil

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Harley-Davidson 75 Oil

In the 'fifties Harley-Davidson sold "75" oil for fork and chain lubrication. What is the equivalent modern oil?

Jerry, Harley 75 Reg is equivelent to straight 40 weight oil, 105 heavy is 60 weight, and 58 special light is 20 weight. All non detergent. Robbie

Comment

Harley 75 Oil

Thanks, Rub!

Comment

Rub.....that is very good imfo. Thanks !! Thank you too Jerry for asking !! You wouldn't happen to have a cross reference chart for the other HD grades, would you ? Example..what is the equivalent for straight 50 weight, etc.. Thanks, Paps

Comment

While I don't have any real cans of oil to inspect, several of my older H-D parts books have ads for Pre-Luxe on the back cover. The can shown in the illustration indicates Pre-Luxe is detergent oil. I never noticed this before and always thought Pre-Luxe was
          non-detergent and Premium was the detergent oil. Oh well !
          VPH-D

Comment

You can still get straight 50 weight and straight 60 weight oil from your local authorized Harley-Davidson dealer.

Rockin' Ronny O!

Comment

Oh, and for fork oil, use the Harley Type "B" found at your dealer.

Rockin' Ronny O!

Comment

hey Rockin Ronnie

here is a pic of one of several clocks I have made from "broke" harley parts
                Attached Files

Comment

rousseau,
                  now thats what I call never wasting a part! good work,and like the watch takes a licking and keeps on ticking!!!

Comment

Great use of an Evo part!

Louie

Comment

Working...
                    X