64 bags

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 64 bags

I stumbled over a pair of bottoms for my '64 with the seal still on the lip. Now I've got to find the matching tops- if any one has any pieces or a pair....

I got latches from Old dude- they are good. The front catch, even though it is a Harley part with the correct number, is a long tang without a bend, which may be different that they were originally. all the holes line up for the rivets.

One detail, is they come with op rivets, and the orginals are a peened over rivet. The location of the rivets make it tricky but not impossible to get a tool on them. I've used small screws and nuts until I'm sure everything is right.

This brings me back to a question I posted on the Panhead Flathead site: White or Birch White??

Thanks, Dan

The tank panels on 64,s were birch white so I would paint the bags the same color. I think that two different shades of white on the same bike would not look right. But maybe your bike is painted one solid color and not two tone. I like the birch white but I really don"t know for sure which is correct.

Comment

Gerry- I think you are correct. I'm going to do them in Birch White.

THX

Comment

Working...
      X