1960MY Dealership Event Photo Questions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1960MY Dealership Event Photo Questions

Q1: Anyone recognize the seat in the first photo? Based on King of Highway sign and lack of resemblance to an All Model buddy seat and other factors, I would typically guess that the seat is a 1960MY type Super Soft buddy seat. However, given the color options for the 1960MY, I would guess that the seat is a 1959MY type Super Soft buddy seat. Is it likely that some 1959MY type Super Soft buddy seats were used for new 1960 models or is there some other more likely explanation?

Q2: Does the seat in the second photo appear to be painted white underneath?

Q3: Anyone recognize the handrails on the bikes in the photos? Did dealers typically carry non-OEM accessories?

Photo 1:

Photo 2:

Photo 3:

[END]
    Fletcher Clark Johnston
    AMCA #282

Is that a dealer decal on the rear fender (photo #2) below the tail light?

Tony

Comment

Originally posted by TRADEMARK View Post
      Is that a dealer decal on the rear fender (photo #2) below the tail light? Tony
      I don't know, but these photos are apparently from a Howard Belmont (dealer) event at Civic Center in St Paul, MN.
      Fletcher Clark Johnston
      AMCA #282

Comment

More accurate description and firsthand personal knowledge courtesy of Jerry Wieland: "These pictures were taken in the old Minneapolis Civic Auditorium and are Howard W Belmonts - St Paul Harley Davidson display there. I do not know if they originate from me but I have the same photos that I got right from Howard. Howard is the guy with the model on the bike that is on the turntable in the first picture."
        Fletcher Clark Johnston
        AMCA #282

Comment

Working...
        X