Dash gen/oil light wiring routing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dash gen/oil light wiring routing

I've looked at some pictures of dash wiring and easy to tell where the front and rear harness route and come through the dash (oh yeah 52 pan) but can't figure out how the indicator light wires get routed from underneath to top of dash, I know where they terminate at and I suppose I could get them there somehow, but if someone has a photo or simple explanation it would be appreciated.

I think I figured it out, do the wires for GEN and OIL light actually attache to terminal post 44, 6, and 1 underneath the dash and not on top?

Comment

I’m currently working on the same issue on a 56 FLH. All the signal wires connect underneath according to the manual but I can’t find said terminals underneath. The terminals are numbered different than the ones up top and don’t exist. The manual is calling for the wires to be connected to #6 & #7 for oil pressure and #6 & #44 for the generator light but I haven’t found any of these.

Comment

Originally posted by otis71 View Post
        I’m currently working on the same issue on a 56 FLH. All the signal wires connect underneath according to the manual but I can’t find said terminals underneath. The terminals are numbered different than the ones up top and don’t exist. The manual is calling for the wires to be connected to #6 & #7 for oil pressure and #6 & #44 for the generator light but I haven’t found any of these.
        Those terminals are part of the dash, they are the 3 long screws that go through the dash and are insulated from it by some fiber collar washers right at the dash and have a few additional fiber washers that got on either side of collar washers and have two nuts on top. If those are not present colony sells a kit for rebuilding them.

Comment

Those terminals are there. I’m talking about the terminals underneath for the signal idiot lights. Those I can’t find. Any help?

Comment

Originally posted by otis71 View Post
            Those terminals are there. I’m talking about the terminals underneath for the signal idiot lights. Those I can’t find. Any help?
            Top or bottom the the terminals are the same except in order to connect to them on the bottom of those screws you need to complete remove them first so you can put the crew through the wire terminals first, just make sure you assemble them correctly so no part actually makes contact with the base plate itself. if this still doesn't make sense I'll post some pictures latter of my started assembly.

Comment

My factory manual is giving separate terminal numbers for both lights. I found a picture of a dash for sale on eBay and it has a screw on either side of the light sockets on the underside. I’m afraid if I hook the wires to the terminals with wires on the top, they will short out through the screw.

Comment

I figured out my issue. Only the 55-57 models have terminal #46. 48-54 years don’t have it and evidently I have an earlier dash. I just need to add a terminal and you are correct, some do hook to the underside. It all makes sense once I add the extra terminal.
                Thanks

Comment

Working...
                X